Search This Blog

Followers

Wet n Wild Coloricon Walking on Eggshells & Physicians Formula Baked Sugar

Physicians Formula Baked Sugar has been a staple in my makeup bag ever since our friend Julie introduced me to the trio and got me hooked.  I love every color, they look beautiful together and they can be used wet or dry.  I must have gone through 4 or 5 in the last several years.  Well, when I started scraping the bottom on my last one, I naturally went hunting for a replacement.  Imagine my surprise and shock when I saw none in the stores and looked online, only to find out that it's been discontinued for about a year or so.  I told Erika, who was kind enough to try to surprise me with a replacement.  Luckily, she made a mistake (I say so because I found a similar dupe) and got me a different color, Baked Oatmeal.  I'll review that in another post.  Erika spoils me so :)

Here's Baked Sugar, a nude trio with shimmery white, pink, and medium brown shadows.

Now, don't get me wrong, I *love* me my colored shadows, in fact, I wear colored shadows most of the time, but for a special night, I love me my shimmery nudes.  They flatter my eyes so much!  As I mentioned they can be used wet or dry, I usually used dry but wet is more pigmented. 

So on my quest for a good replacement, I came across Wet n Wild's Coloricon Walking on Eggshells (WOE.) I've heard so many good reviews on their new palettes, and saw that this one seemed to be a close match, so I decided to pick it up.  Picture below from here

Here's how they look swatched (click to enlarge.)

R: Physicians Formula, M: WnW WOE, R: WnW Mega Eyes Gypsy


 L: Physicians Formula, M: Wet N Wild, R: Stila

So what did I think?  I think it's pretty darn close. The WnW ones are more pigmented, oddly since they are cheaper, not a bad thing but I did kind of like subtleness of Baked Sugar.  The WOE one is more ivory than white and has less shimmer, and the Mega Eyes is the same shade but more shimmery.  The pink WnW shade is more peach, similar to Stila Kitten (swatched above.)  I've heard MAC Naked Lunch is also a good dupe.  The WnW brown is the darkest, with Stila in the middle (I would put the name, but I can't pop the shadow back out of the refillable cardboard 3 pan..  help??)  <--- may have to make a post on that.  

Here's Wet n Wild Mega Eyes in Gypsy.  Do they even still make that?  If not, is there a good dupe?
All in all, I think Walking on Eggshells is really close and I like it.  I do wish the WnW colors were a little closer though, especially the white, but at least I have Gypsy for now :)

Comments

  1. hello dear... I love your blog... please come visit my blog and let me know if you want us to follow each other ok!
    kisses
    www.petitgraphie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and commenting! Following you, hope you follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. following in GFC dear, now tell me if you want me to follow you some where else and I´ll do it ok!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like, please take a look at our sister site A Polished Life (button on left side bar)

      Thanks agaiN!

      Delete
  4. i LOVE wet n wild eyeshadows, they're highly pigmented and the colors are so vibrant. amazing post hun! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was surprised how good quality they were. Much better than Elf!

      Delete
  5. Great post, love those colours!
    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous colours! This post is fab! :)

    Natasha Carly x
    http://www.prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts