Search This Blog

Followers

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple and Alexz Johnson!

Hi everyone, long time no see!  First, I'd like to thank Erika for keeping up with the blog while I've been away.  I've had several unfortunate and personal events happen over the last few months that I've had to deal with, with going back to Hofstra University and having to deal with Accounting 2 on top of that (NOT something I'm good at)  but I will try to post as much as I can :)

I've been hearing a LOT about Revlon's lip butters lately.  People have been raving about how moisturizing they are, so I thought I would give one a try.  Revlon states that it is an "Instant burst of rich color with a feather light feel.  Available in 20 gorgeous shades".

Candy Apple is a bright red, like a candy apple (duh).  It has no shimmer unlike some of the other butters, and is unscented (I wouldn't have minded an apple-y smell though) with a nice glossy finish.  It lasts a few hours without smudging or bleeding, and leaves my lips nice and soft.  It contains Mango, Shea, and Coconut Butter to intensely moisturize lips.

At first I was skeptical because of how bright it looks, but I like that it has buildable coverage, from sheer to an almost pure lipstick like look depending on how much you use.  Due to this, it is much more wearable than I expected.  It's not a dramatic red, so you can wear it day or night.  Also great for red lipstick newbies :)

So on this past Thursday, February 28th I actually got the chance to try it out for the first time.  I'm not one for celebrities, but I'm a HUGE Alexz Johnson fan (loved her since Instant Star) and I finally got the chance to go to one of her concerts with Erika and our friend Paul.  I actually got to meet her (still excited about that) and we were both rocking the red lips!  Go Candy Apple!


I also got a T-shirt and her CD, Voodoo :)  




Comments

  1. Very pretty :) http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooolala Wifey! Sexy! Gorgeous as always:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried that particular color but I have a butter in tutti fruti that is about to run out from being used so much. It's my favorite one, though I'm not too fond of most of the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts