Search This Blog

Followers

Do you like wearing bronzer? day 11!

Hi guys!

Sorry for the lack of posts, as most of you know the eastern coast of USA got hit and I mean walloped by a hurricane called Sandy, parts that were hit the hardest were most of New Jersey and Staten Island where I work and live. We didn't have electricity for days, no cell service whatsoever, and lets ust say it was pretty bad. Five minutes from where I live is a total shock.
Boats on top of boats. It was surreal!

Yes, that is a boat going into someone's house :/
Boats EVERYWHERE. Houses destroyed. It's heartbreaking but makes you feel very lucky to be alive! I tried not to complain knowing that most people don't have homes anymore, but I have to admit not having cell service sucked and not having the Internet for almost a week was pure torture! But hey I got a lot of reading done, so silver lining!

but lets get back to day 11, BRONZER.

I'm about to get ripped apart here, but i rarely use bronzer. I own it, but barely use it. I use warmth by bare minerals. What can I say? I am a blush girl! There is nothing like a nice pinched cheek look! I also have to add that I have seen many girls use and abuse bronzer and it may have turned me off..

I live on Staten Island, was born and raised on Long Island and lived in New jersey. I have seen it ALL! You've seen Jersey Shore right? That is real. And it scares me! So I have tried not to use it that often. I think bronzer is best for the summer, embrace your pale winter self! Or even better add some shimmer to it with an awesome highlighter like High Beam By Benefit. I have a few bottles from kits and samples and it goes a long way!


So to answer the question, I use bronzer but I prefer to sparkle!

xoxo guys!



Comments

  1. I use bronzer but being so pale I do have to be careful with it. I agree about some girls going overboard, if it's applied properly it can give you some warmth to the face and is also great for contouring if you have a round face like me! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stacy, I have an ovalish face boarding round and cheeks that would make a chipmunk look 2x but i can not get the contouring thing down! if you have any tips id love to hear them!

      Erika

      Delete
    2. I mean Stacey! I hate when people miss spell my name so I had to go back and correct that!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sad about how hard some people were hit by Sandy >: I'm glad you're okay though!

    As for bronzer I think I'm the same way as you. I'd probably use it more often if I knew how to contour my face with it. I have very big cheekbones so I think if I mastered making them looks slim it'd wear it a lot, but whenever I try I end up making them look MORE prominent. Ouch. I guess I'm a total noob at bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cake-Pie! Such a sweetie!

    Yeah im not to good with the contouring, highlighting i have down pat but i think my cheeks are too round:/ so I shall vice president with you the total noob club of bronzer, hear hear!

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't actually use real bronzer...too dark. I use foundation that's shade too dark --which I have a lot of (because i am so pale). Just a smidge in the hollows of the cheeks and along the jawbone. People ask me if I've lost weight when I do this.

    I really like using a highligher just above the cheeks for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH that's so clever, I had never thought to try that, but it sounds like it would really work. *note to self*

      Delete
  5. I too tend to lean towards a nice soft blush :) .... I must say you got me so intriuged by this benefit high beam that I looked it up lol I'm totally gonna see if I can get my hands on it! thanks for saring, following GFC :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts