Search This Blog

Followers

Lasik, and I'm famous (ok not really-but kinda cool)

Hi everyone!  Back from my long hiatus.  Why you ask?  The title says it all-I got Lasik!  I had it done last Saturday, and let me tell you, I was pretty darn nervous.  I'd been wanting to get it done for a while, and I finally built up the courage to do it.  I was gone so long as I was instructed no to use the computer or watch tv for several days after.

A month before I had to go in for a few hours worth of eye tests to make sure my eyes were ok to do the surgery.  I got the green light, and the rest was history.  I was so nervous that I could barely sleep Friday night, and Saturday I was a ball of nerves.  When it came time to do it, I was so scared that I had to ask the nurse to hold me down so I wouldn't jump!  The doctor put pain killer drops in, a lens over each eye, then the laser.  It was about 10-15 seconds each eye, per laser (they had to use two different kinds.)  It was pretty scary, and when I was done everything was blurry, but my vision was already better than before.

They gave me goggles to wear (only wore em the first day, haha.  I asked the doctor if I had to wear them after, he said no as long as I wore sunglasses, which I happily did.)  I was instructed to use four different eyedrops, and to tape plastic discs over my eyes when I slept at night for a week to prevent me rubbing my eyes.  That was probably the most embarrassing (made me look like a bug) and painful part - sleeping on those discs was extremely uncomfortable, and I can only sleep on my side, so it was hard.  My friend helped me and taped gauze around the edges, which did make it a lot more comfortable.  Here is everything:


Of course, I wasn't allowed to wear makeup, wash my face (could only use exfoliating wipes) or wash my hair for a week.. so that was also super rough.  Luckily I don't have particularly oily hair, so I used dry shampoo, kept it up and stayed at home most of the time.  You better believe that once I got the ok I jumped in that shower then put on makeup (it was NOT fun being told I looked so different without makeup all week or having icky hair)  So, was it all worth it?  YES.  If any of you are considering having it done, the pros totally outweigh the cons-and you won't regret it.

So, now, how am I famous?  Ok, I'm not really famous-but I just had to share.  There's a monthly Why Not!? Japan Town Guide that showcases some of the popular bars and clubs in Osaka, Kyoto, and Kobe.  My picture made it in the ad for my friend John's bar, Plumeria!



I'm the blonde, second person in on the left.  How cool is that?  It's the second time I've been in a magazine/flyer, the first time was for a benefit I modeled in.  Just wanted to share :)  Hope you all had an amazing weekend!

Comments

  1. My sister need that laser treatment too. Thanks for sharing this. :)
    http://michellemagramo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wifey we need to see the new sexy peepers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ::blush:: They look exactly the same, but I will have to do a makeup look or mascara review soon :))

      Delete
  3. oh wow, that's such a nice change, i've always wanted to get Lasik but i'm kinda scared, hehe. great post hun! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think about it Christine, it isn't as bad as I thought, and is soooo worth it!

      Delete
  4. Awesome post! So glad your surgery went well. I am about a month away from my Laser Vision Correction surgery and I am beyond nervous haha. But It's a nervous excitement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so nervous I almost cried, but really, now that I've done it it really wasn't so bad. Scary? A little. Painful? Not really at all. You'll be so glad after it's done and you can see! Good luck :))

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts