Search This Blog

Followers

Souvenirs from Laos- Mulberries Lip Balm with Silk Protein and traditional pants

The same time my friend gave me a present from Thailand, she also bought me a little something from Laos (where she's from, she was visiting home.)  It's an adorable little tub of mulberry lip balm, and traditional Laotian summer pants.

Now, what she didn't even know that mulberries hold a special place in my heart.  Growing up, my grandmother had a mulberry tree in her backyard, and every summer I would go and pick the berries, eat them, and get all purple :)  You don't see mulberry products often at all, so when I saw this, I was so happy!  I definitely told her what a win this gift was.


Now, there's no mention of a brand name on the product whatsoever, it simply states "Mulberries Lip Balm Silk Protein" and that is it.  Nothing else.  She said it's a popular product in Laos.  I googled it, came up with nothing.   The product it self is super cute, portable, and smells amazing!  It has a light, sweet mulberry scent (which definitely takes me back.)  It is pink tinted in the tub, but is clear on the lips.  It's very moisturizing, and not sticky.  I definitely love it!  

The pants are cute, green, stripey and very light weight-perfect for super hot days in Laos!  They are super big, a one size fits all kind of deal with a side tie closure.  It's meant to be wrapped to your size and tied, but I'm still not very good at that yet ^^;;  I have to have her show me how to do it again!  Nevertheless, I really like them and they make *great* pajamas.


I know this isn't the most flattering photo, but it's the best way I could get the entire pair of pants in the pic!  Anyway, you get the idea <3  Thanks for reading!


Comments

  1. Hey lovely stuff!

    Ive nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    http://penguinsleftgreenpolish.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the award hon! I'll do a post about that this week :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. The lipgloss looks so nice :)
    http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great product. perfect for fall since lips tend to be dryer during the colder months.

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely going to be one of my go to products now with fall in the air!

      xoxo

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww i had a mulberry tree in our backyard too, but my crazy father would not let me eat them. But i did smash them and stain my lips with them..foreshadowing of my future love of lipstains or what? those pants look comfty:D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts