Search This Blog

Followers

Get To Know Me Tag!

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be around less for the next month, as I'm having two friends come stay with us for 10 days, and then I'm off to London and Paris with girlfriends!  

Liz from So Lonely In Gorgeous tagged us to do the "Get to know me" tag, so here it is while I still have time (before my buddies come over later.)

Here we go!

The rules: 
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, as well as, creating your own eleven for the people you will tag.
3. Choose eleven people and link them in your blog.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
6. You legitimately have to tag.

11 facts about us:

1) Erika and I are two best buddies with a passion for all things beauty, and we teamed up a year ago to do this blog.
2) I dislike cucumbers, and Erika dislikes mayonnaise.
3) We love vintage toys.
4) Erika's favorite color is red, mine is pink - so pretty close.
5) We call each other "wifey" due to an inside joke wayyy back in 2006-after I jokingly said "Hi honey, I'm home!" after returning home from work when she stayed at my apartment in Queens for a month that summer.
6) My mom once thought we were really an alternative couple due to us calling each other wifey due to above joke..though she will NEVER admit it now since she was super embarrassed after knowing the truth.
7) I'm an only child, she has two sisters and a brother.
8) She has an etsy shop- erikajanejewels.etsy.com  Check it out!
9) I'm scared to death of shots, but I pierced the second and third holes in my ears myself.  It didn't hurt!!
10) I kind of suck at taking pics for the blog, and I try not to let it bother me..but sometimes it does ^^;;
11) We will pretty much try any new food, though we draw the line at creepy crawlies.

Liz's Questions:
1) Do you consider yourself a high-maintenance person?  So/so.  I can't leave the house without makeup on, but I can do with only eyeshadow, mascara and concealer.
2) What Spring/Summer cosmetic collections or items are you looking forward to purchasing?  Well, I just purchased two things I wanted- the Milani highlighter and Canmake's nail topping polishes and mint green polish.  I do kind of have a lemming for those Canmake Jewlstar Eyes..
3) Would you ever want to have a makeover done on you?  Sure, why not?  I've had my makeup done by M.A.C when I modeled for a benefit once, so why not again?
4) What's your favorite Spring/Summer fragrance?  You know, I haven't thought of that.. I've been using the Jimmy Choo perfume I got as a birthday present lately.
5) How many shoes do you own?  Some are packed away so I can't count them..but around.. 30 pairs? Give or take..
6) Name three of your favorite cosmetic brands:  Urban Decay, Stila, Chanel.
7)  Favorite articles of clothing to wear for Spring/Summer?  Tank tops, mini skirts, and sandals.
8) When was the last time you had a manicure?  Hmm.. with Julie about a month ago.
9) Have you done anything new and different lately? Not unless you consider going to a maid cafe last night and watch my friend pay to get slapped.. oh wait, that is new and different ^_^
10: What colors do you think you look best in, and which do you think you look the worst in?  I get compliments every time I wear pink, so definitely that.. Worst? Maybe orange.
11) Which new fashion/make-up trends would you like to wear this season?  Hmm.. I like mint green, if I saw something I liked in that color I'd wear it.


Me, modeling in Tulips & Pansies Benefit 2006 by KitaRei 
Me, modeling in Tulips & Pansies Benefit 2006, a photo by KitaRei on Flickr.

My questions:
1) What is the one makeup product you absolutely can't leave the house without?
2) What is the one makeup product you could live without?
3) What is one makeup product that you like but don't have much confidence applying? (mine is blush)
4) What is the newest fashion item that you purchased?
5) What are some of the Spring/Summer fashion trends that you are NOT into?
6) Do you do your own manicures or often go to salons?
7) What is your favorite kind of shoe? Least?
8) What is one type of clothing that you don't think looks good on you?
9) What makeup products/articles of clothing make you feel sexy?
10) What is your favorite perfume?
11) What cosmetic brand haven't you tried yet?

Who I'm tagging:
1) http://mui28.blogspot.com
2) http://cinnamoncocoa.blogspot.com
3) http://cupcakechisa.blogspot.com
4) http://spilledpolish.blogspot.com
5) http://glitter-mountain.blogspot. com
6) http://lacquerlounge.blogspot.com
7) http://deesbeautyblog.blogspot.com
8) http://sugarmedic88.blogspot.com
9) http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com
10)http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com
11)http://meetmeonthebrightside.blogspot.com

Hope you had fun!



Comments

  1. OMG Renee!! I love that photo, I think I`m going to make it my new screen saver :P

    I loved reading all your answers, especially the one of you and Erika being an "alternative" couple...priceless. Thank you for doing the tag. Have an amazing time with your friends and an even better time on your trip.

    Love you ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Liz! *blushes* Erika and I have tons of fun memories.. including the quote I put about the Shop Wrong cake on another post ^^
    Good thing I covered the watermark from getty images (albeit badly lol) so it's not all over the bottom of the photo- hahaha. I figured I'm allowed to have that photo since it is of me, and I'm not sure it's even up on that site anymore! This was YEARS ago...

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Wifey you know us so well!!!!! I will do this! Can I? Pweeze!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can wifey! I wanna see yours! :)))

      Delete
  4. how brave of you to pierce your own ears! I couldn't even imagine doing that!! very cute photograph of you as a cowgirl LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was modeling Betsy Johnson's dress, and it had a western feel to it, so I totally went with it.

      Delete
  5. Yay, thanks for tagging me. This looks fun!
    I dont like mayo either and also have a hard time getting great photos for my blog. I'll try to post my answers sometime this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts