Search This Blog

Followers

Konad troubles..

So, I just got my first Konad from eBay!
I got the starter kit that comes with a mini white polish, scraper, m57 plate, and stamp. I've been wanting one of these babies for forever! I always see everyone's fabulous manicures, and I've always had my heart set on getting one.

Here's the eBay photo of my kit:
I was overjoyed when I got it in the mail.. however that joy did not last long. No matter how much I tried, how many tips/tricks I read, what angle I had the scraper on, how many times I lightly filed the stamper, and no matter what polish I used (konad or not) I just could not get this to work :( The design just won't stick to the stamper.

I'm not going to give up, I really want to get the hang of it, but I can never do it right and I get really frustrated.. Erika and I got to talking about this and told me she has the same problem...

What are we doing wrong?

Comments

  1. Renee, try a different polish. Mine works just fine each time. And it is imperative to not wait long at ALL after you've painted the polish onto the plate to stamp it. It's like a 1-2-3-4 thing, all steps done very fast. Paint it, scrape it, transfer it, stamp it. If you give the polish a chance to dry, it will never transfer. And be somewhat liberal with the amount you put on the plate. Do not paint a thin layer or it will absolutely dry immediately. Make sure when you scrape it, the entire stencil is filled.

    After you've figured out how to transfer the image to your nail, the next big obstacle is how much pressure to apply when stamping it (too much it will smear!) and at what angle to stamp it.

    It takes a bit of practice. I will teach you when you visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the konad stamping stuff, it so much fun=] i like ur blog , Please follow back Britters89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Britney! Thank you so much for your comment :) Sorry to get back to you late, I was in NY at the time, and things are a bit crazy now. I will follow you back! I'm starting to get the hang of it, did a few nails successfully!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts